The Johnsons

"Just so you know, my boys think this is crazy," Mrs. Johnson said with a chuckle as she and Bill walked up to their pregnant photographer, lounging on a white futon, in the middle of an ally. If you are a photographer, and if you like to take risks with your images, people may think you're a little crazy. :) I had someone ask if we were moving in while we unloaded the futon, and others stopped talking and stared as they passed the ally. It's not the first time, and it won't be the last!

It wasn't until I sat down to edit the Johnson family photos that I realized something pretty amazing. As I looked through the photos I realized how much of an impact so many of them have had on my life.Alisha and I grew up together and I spent many nights in the Johnson home shooting pool, making prank phone calls, and going t.p.ing in the family van.Maria served as our school secretary/nurse/mom at school. If something was wrong, you went to Mrs. Johnson and she would always fix it.Bill served as my little league and older summer softball coach alongside of my dad. I couldn't tell you the amount of hours I spent on a ball field with him. Then, as I entered into high school,Angie became our cheerleading coach, putting up with countless shenanagins pulled by my teammates, and lots of stressful stunts and competition preparation!

Kind of crazy how a small town family from rural Illinois could have such an impact on a single life huh? :) I'm so grateful that they have been a part of my life, and I was thrilled to help capture their family portraits.

THis is perhaps the largest (and tallest ;) ) family portrait I've ever taken! You guys were amazing! Seriously! 16 people in 1 photo could have been a nightmare but you guys made it SO easy!! I always say this, but I swear, I've been blessed with the best clients.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Maria and Bill, You are blessed.
Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Emily said...

Great portraits. They did a nice job color coordinting!!

MKLoeffler said...

I agree! And the crazy thing is that they didn't even plan it! She told them just to wear a bright color and whalah! :)