Erin + Mik { I Do } : Waco, Texas

Last month I shot my first destination wedding...in Waco, Texas. :) We had a great time while we were there, (more about that later) and since our return, life has been nothing short of crazy and busy as always. It's almost 1 am and I'm still up finishing up this blog post. This is my life.

I met Erin in Sunday school at FBC Vandalia when I was about 5. We instantly clicked and have been friends ever since. After graduation, Erin's job as a speech pathologist took her to San Antonio, Texas. Little did she know she would meet the man of her dreams; lead vocalist and guitarist for Ghandi's Gun. It wasn't long after they met that both Mik and Erin knew they wanted to be together, forever.

Their Texan, country-rock wedding was by far the most unique wedding I've ever photographed/been in/attended! The ceremony took place on Mik's mother's ranch near Waco, Texas and provided a beautiful backdrop for photographs and for the ceremony.

This is by far the biggest blog post I've ever done. Forgive me for all the photos. I narrowed down as much as I could. She is one of my besties though after all. I guess she deserves a little more than the norm. ;) I know she's DYING to see these.

Plus, since everything is bigger in Texas, I may as well make this the biggest blog post ever...:)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One of my favorite series from the day. Marla is Erin's best friend and mom. Marla emailed me to let me know that she was crying as she typed the letter to me, just thinking about the wedding day. I think Marla succeeded in NOT crying at this time surprisingly. ;)

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Let me just say, I LOVE first looks.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Yes I was in the wedding, and no I didn't take this photo. Stephen did such a great job as my second shooter! Thank you SO much sweetie!
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
During the ceremony, Mik and Erin's parents were asked by the pastor if they gave their blessing for the marriage. Steve leaned to Marla, flipped a coin, and luckily it turned up on the right side....;)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Erin and Mik, I am SO happy for the both of you. I pray that God will bless you on your new adventure in life together. Thank you for allowing me to be part of your day. LOVE you so much!!

4 comments:

Mrs. Lay said...

AWESOME, AWESOME, AWESOME!!! I loved reliving it all! Just put a huge smile on my face to see all the lovely pics again:)

Liz Keizer Photography said...

AMAZING!!! I love it!!!

Liz Keizer Photography said...

AMAZING! I LOVEEEE LOVE LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! The best wedding pictures I have ever seen. Pictures were so creative. But you just couldn't go wrong with two good looking people like Mik and Erin. GOOD JOB!